- Minimum age of 15 years old.
- Swim 300 yards continuously.
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards using front crawl or breaststroke, surface dive 7 - 10 feet, retrieve a 10-pound object, return to surface, swim 20 yards back to starting point with the object and exit the water without using a ladder or steps, within 1 minute, 40 seconds.
- Tread for 2 minutes using legs only.
- Must pass physical portion before attending class
- Must be able to attend entire course.
- Understand the value of behaving in a professional manner.
- Learn how to identify behaviors of a swimmer, distressed swimmer and an active or passive drowning victim.
- Understand the components of an emergency action plan and how to activate it.
- Understand the general procedures for an emergency occurring in the water or on land.
- Demonstrate how to perform equipment-based rescues.
- Learn how to provide first aid and how to care for breathing and cardiac emergencies.
- Learn how to recognize and care for possible head, neck or back injuries.
Cost is $160.00 per person. Those who become employed by the Perry Park Center Aquatics Department will receive an $80 refund upon completion of 90 days of employment.
Contact the Julie - Aquatics Supervisor at (573) 547-7275 to acquire more information.