Paying a Ticket

How to Pay a Ticket

You must respond to your ticket within thirty (30) days by either pleading guilty and paying the fine and court costs, or by pleading not guilty before the Municipal Judge and your case will be set for trial.

Pursuant to Section 2.68.350 of the City of Perryville Code of Ordinances, any person who fails to appear in Municipal Court on the date and time referred shall be guilty of failure to appear and shall be subject to punishment as provided in Section 1.16.010, by a fine not exceeding $500 and costs, or by imprisonment not exceeding three (3) months, or by both fine and imprisonment. Failure to respond as required may also result in suspension of your driver’s license and a warrant may be issued for your arrest.

To Plead Guilty & Pay Your Fine

  • Sign the back of your ticket or a copy and return it in the pre-addressed envelope you received.
  • Determine the amount from the fine schedule or call (573) 547-2594.
  • Do not send cash! Send check or money order for the full amount (partial payments are not acceptable).
  • Make your check payable to the municipal court - Perryville. Write your ticket number and daytime phone number on the front of your check or money order.
  • The ticket may be paid in person at the above address between the hours of 7:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
  • Pay your ticket using your debit/credit card in person at City Hall, by visiting us online or by calling Court Money at (877) 222-4668.

Requests for Continuances

All requests for a continuance are decided in the Judge's discretion. No request for continuance made less than 10 days before at the day set for your appearance will be considered unless it is an unforeseeable emergency.

The law presumes you are innocent of this charge until the Municipal Prosecutor proves you guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The law also guarantees you the right to consult your attorney, to request a trial, to remain silent at trial or during any court proceedings, to cross-examine adverse witnesses, to subpoena witnesses for your defense, and even to disqualify the Judge if you believe he is bias against you. These rights cannot be taken from you - you can only lose them by pleading guilty. If you desire to plead “not guilty”, it will be necessary for you to appear in Municipal Court on the date and time indicated on your ticket, so that a trial can be scheduled.

View the Fine Schedule.